- Ph.D., Civil Engineering/Structures, New Mexico State University, December 1987. GPA=3.89
- M.S., Civil Engineering/Structures, University of Texas at Arlington, December 1982. GPA=3.42
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, December 1980. GPA=3.48, Honor Student.
- Professor, Dept. of Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, September 1988-present.
- Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois, USA. August 1998 to 2002.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of Illinois since 1987.
- Former member of ASCE, SEAOC and ACI.
- Distinguished Professor, Sharif University, Iran, 2005, 2012.
- Honor Student, University of Texas at Arlington, 1980.
- Metallic seismic hysteretic damper for buildings and bridges. 2008, Tehran, Iran. Pipe , Dual-Pipe and Infilled-Pipe dampers.