Jahangir Tavakkoli, Ph.D.
Department of Electrical Eng., Sharif University of Technology
PO Box 11365-9363, Azadi Ave., Tehran, Iran
Tel: 021-6616-5960, Fax: 021-6602-3261, Mobile: 0912-268-1282
FIELDS OF PRIMARY INTEREST
Biomedical Ultrasound, and Biomedical Signal/Image Processing.
§ Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
§ Ph.D. (Highest Honors) in Biomedical Engineering, University of Claude Bernard (Lyon-1) and laboratory of INSERM-Unit 556,
Lyon, France (April 1997).
§ M.Sc. in Electrical and Biomedical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (Jan. 1992).
§ B.Sc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (Sep. 1988).
1. Assistant Professor, Dept. of Electrical Eng., Sharif University of Tech., Tehran, Iran (July 2005 - Present).
Academic research and teaching in electrical and biomedical engineering.
2. Program Manager, VisualSonics Inc., Toronto, ON, Canada (Dec. 2003 - June 2005).
Design and development of high frequency ultrasound imaging systems.
3. Senior R&D Scientist, Focus Surgery Inc., Indianapolis, IN, USA (March 2000 - Dec. 2003).
Design and development of image-guided ultrasound cancer therapy systems.
4. Associate Faculty Member, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Eng. Technology, Purdue School of Eng. and Technology, IUPUI,
Indianapolis, IN, USA (Sep. 2002 - Dec. 2003).
Teaching courses and labs in electrical and biomedical engineering.
5. Research Associate, Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
(July 1997 - March 2000).
Academic research and teaching in biomedical ultrasound.
6. Research Engineer, INSERM-Unit 556, Lyon, France (Oct. 1993 - July 1997).
Development of new technologies for cancer therapy.
7. Quality Control Officer, Biomedical Eng. Unit, Medical Equipment Department, Ministry of Health, Tehran, Iran
(April 1991 - March 1993).
Quality and price evaluation of medical equipment for MOH, Iran.
More than 50 scientific publications including papers in the peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings, theses,
and technical reports (please see attached list of publications).
Introduction to Medical Technology
Applied Human Biology for BMET
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP
· Associate Member, IEEE- UFFC and EMB (since 1993).
· Associate Member, Acoustical Society of America (since 2001).
· Member, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (since 2002).
· Member, International Society for Therapeutic Ultrasound (since 2002).