Physiological Systems Modeling and Control, Bio-robotics, Prosthetic and Assist Devices, Machine Vision, Application of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, and Ultrasound and MRI Systems
BIOMEDICAL: Biological Systems Modeling, MRI Systems, Bioinstrumentations, Advanced Bioinstrumentations, Control of Physiological Systems, Modeling and Control of Neuromuscular Systems, and Medical Imaging Systems
DIGITAL and CONTROL SYSTEMS: Robotics, Machine Vision, Computer Architecture, Microprocessor I, Microprocessor Interfacing Circuits, Industrial Electronics, Fundamentals of Electromechanical Machines, and Industrial Control
SELECTED TITLES of BS, MS and PhD PROJECTS (Since 2005)
SELECTED RESEARCH PROJECT TITLES
A. Recent PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS:
Graduate students are given FIRST authorship (Chronological)
1. Ashoor, M., Q. Jians, M. Chopp, and M. Jahed. Introducing a New Definition Towards Clinical Detection of Microvascular Changes Using Diffusion and Perfusion MRI, Scientia Iranica, Vol 12, No. 1, 2005.
2. Ashoor, M., M. Jahed, M. Chopp, and A. Mireshghi. Estimation of Mean Radius, Length, and Density of Macro-vasculature using Diffusion and perfusion MRI, Scientia Iranica, Vol 13, No.4, 2006.
3. S. Vahdat, A. Maghsoudi, M. Haji Hasani, F. Towhidkhah, S. Gharibzadeh, and M. Jahed. Adjustable Primitive Pattern Generator: A Novel Cerebellar Model for Reaching Movements, Neuroscience Letters, Vol 406, No. 3, 2006.
4. Khezri, M. and M. Jahed. Real-time Intelligent Pattern Recognition Algorithm for Surface EMG Signals, BioMedical Engineering OnLine, Vol 6, No. 45, 2007.
5. Khezri, M. and M. Jahed. An Exploratory Study to Design a Novel Hand Movement Identification System, Computers in Biology and Medicine, Elsevier, Vol 39, Issue 5, May 2009.
6. Eslami, A., M. Jahed, and T. Preusser. Joint Edge Detection and Motion Estimation of Cardiac MR Image Sequence by a Phase Field Method, Computers in Biology and Medicine, Elsevier, Vol 40, Issue 1, Jan 2010.
7. Khezri, M. and M. Jahed. A Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System for sEMG Based Identification of Hand Motion Commands, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, final revision submitted on January 19, 2010.
8. Khezri, M. and M. Jahed. A Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System for sEMG Based Identification of Hand Motion Commands, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 58, No. 5, May 2011.
9. Maghsoudi, A. and M. Jahed. Model-based Needle Control in Prostate Percutaneous Procedures, Proc I. Mech E. 2012, Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 227(1) 58-71.
10. Maghsoudi, A. and M. Jahed. Needle Dynamics Modeling and Control in Prostate Brachytherapy, IET Control Theory Appl., 2012, Vol. 6, Iss. 11, pp. 1671-1681.
11. Ravanshadi, S. and M. Jahed. A Novel Distributed Model of the Heart Under Normal and Congestive Heart Failure Conditions, Journal of Engineering in Medicine, Proc I. Mech E. 2013, Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 227(4) 362-372.
B. Recent CONFERENCE PAPERS:
Graduate students are given FIRST authorship (Chronological)
1. Ravanshadi, S. and M. Jahed. Analysis of Heart Rate of Normal and Diseased Individuals using Fractals, Proceedings of ICBME, Iran 2004.
2. Eslami, A., S. Kasaei, M. Jahed. Radial Multi-scale Cyst Segmentation of Ultrasound Images of Kidney, ISSPIT, Canada 2004.
3. Eslami, A., M. Jahed, and M. Narueinezhad. Fully Automated Cyst Segmentation of Ultrasound Images of Kidney, IASTED BIOMED, Austria 2005.
4. Eslami, A. and M. Jahed. Curvelet Coefficient modification to Noise Reduction of Ultrasound Images in Comparison with Conventional Methods, Proceedings of ICBME, Iran 2005.
5. Abbasi, A. and M. Jahed. A Combined Farina and Raynolds model for sEMG Signals, ICBME, Iran Feb 2007.
6. Eslami, M., F. Atri, and M. Jahed, A. Pourmorteza, R. Dehestani. Fuzzy Coloring of Multimodal MR Images Based on Spatial Information and Intensity, AICCSA, Jordan May 2007.
7. Khezri, M., and M. Jahed. A New Real-Time Fuzzy Inference System for EMG Pattern Recognition Suitable for Hand Prosthesis Control, PRIP, Belorussia May 2007.
8. Khezri, M., and M. Jahed, N. Sadati. Neuro-Fuzzy EMG Classification for Hand Prosthesis Control, ISIE2007 Spain June 2007.
9. Khezri, M., and M. Jahed. Introducing a New Multi-Wavelet Function Suitable for sEMG Signal to Identify Hand Motion Commands, EBMC France Aug 2007.
10. Khezri, M., and M. Jahed. A Novel Approach to recognize Hand Movements Via sEMG Patterns, EMBC France Aug 2007.
11. Torabi, M., M. Taher, R. Dehestani, M. Jahed. Time-Delay Compensation and Disturbance Rejection in the Control of Robots with Viscoelastic joints Using Loop-Shaping Approach, IEEE Intl Workshop on Robotics and Sensors Environments Canada Oct 2007.
12. Khezri, M. and M. Jahed. An Inventive Quadratic Time-Frequency Scheme Based on Wigner-Ville Distribution for Classification of sEMG Signals, ITAB Japan Nov 2007.
13. Ravanshadi, M. and M. Jahed. Mathematical Modeling of Human Blood Clotting Formation, ITAB Japan Nov 2007.
14. Torabi, M., M. Jahed. A Novel Approach for Robust Control of Single-Link Manipulators with Visco-Elastic Behavior, EUROSIM/UKSIN UK April 2008.
15. Khezri, M. and M. Jahed. Surface Electromyogram Signal Estimation Based on Wavelet Thresholding Technique, EMBC Canada Aug 2008.
16. Tabandeh, M., M. Jahed, F. Ahourai, and S. Moradi. A Thermal-aware Shortest Hop Routing Algorithm for in vivo Biomedical Sensor Networks, ITNG USA April 2009.
17. Ahourai, F., M. Tabandeh, M. Jahed, and B. Afsari. A Fair Routhing Algorithm for Wireless Mesh Networks Based on Game Theory, ICN Mexico March 2009.
18. Sangi, M. and M. Jahed. A Fast 3D Hand Model Reconstruction by Stereo Vision System, ICCAE, Singapore Feb 2010.
19. Maghsoudi, A. and M. Jahed. Multi-Parameter Sensitivity Analysis for Guided Needle Insertion through Soft Tissue, IECBES2010, Malaysia Nov 2010.
20. Sadr, A. and M. Jahed. Leukocyte Nucleus Segmentation using Active Contour in YCbCr Color Space, IECBES2010, Malaysia Nov 2010.
21. Maghsoudi, A. and M. Jahed. Multi-Parameter Sensitivity Analysis for Guided Needle Insertion through Soft Tissue, 2010 IEEE Conf on BME (IECBES 2010), KL, MY, Nov. 30, 2010.
22. Ravanshadi, S. and Jahed, M., Introducing an adaptive robust controller for artificial heat, BIOROB, IEEE, Rome, Italy, 2012.
23. Ravanshadi, S. and Jahed, M., Introducing a distributed model of the heart, BIOROB, IEEE, Rome, Italy, 2012.
24. Maghsoudi, A. and M. Jahed. Dynamics and Control of the Flexible Needles for Percutaneous Application: Partial Feedback Linearization Method, IEEE, 2012.
25. Maghsoudi A. and M. Jahed. Optical Flow-Based Motion Estimation of Ultrasonic Images for Force Estimation in Percutaneous Procedures: Theory and Experimental Validation, IEEE 2012.
SHARIF UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Sharif University of Technology
School of Electrical Engineering, Room 621
Azadi Ave., Tehran, Iran, 11365-11155