The Nexus of WATER-ENERGY-ENVIRONMENT
A 5000 litre/day Low-Grade MED pilot plant has been constructed and is in the testing phase in collaboration with a Western European Company, and Turbinedar Co.
A practical feasibility study on using solar powered brackish water reverse osmosis (PV-BWRO) processes for a selected pistachio orchard in Sirjan, Kerman, Iran.
A feasibilty study of solar powered photovoltaic reverse osmosis (PV-SWRO) processes in Iran.
Process design and techno-economic evaluation of a dual-purpose desalination plant (water and salt production) in collaboration with Negin Amlah Processing Co.
Techno-economic evaulation of Salinity Gradient Solar Ponds coupled with a customised thermal desalination process in Iran and Spain (In collaboration with a Spanish company).
A feasibility study of an innovative solar thermal desalination process in collaboration with a Western European Manufacturer.
Consulting and custom design for recovering industrial waste heat sources to produce freshwater, specifically for Petrochemical, Mining, Oil and Gas, and Power Plant industries.
Providing an MS-Excel based program to evaluate GHG emissions and carbon footprint of deslaination plants in Iran.
- Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing, Elsevier - 2017
- Top Researcher Award, Sharif University of Technology - 2017
- Certificate of Reviewing for the Desalination Journal, Elsevier - 2016
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) - 2012~2015
- Sharif University, Grant Type-2, No: G981707 - 2020
- Vice-Presidency for Science & Technology - 2019
- Iran's National Elites Foundation - 2017
- Iran's National Elites Foundation Post-doctoral Scholarship - 2016~2017
- National Centre of Excellence in Desalination Australia (NCEDA) Ph.D. Scholarship - 2013~2015
- The University of Western Austalia Net Top-Up Scholarship - 2012~2015
- Alumina Quality Workshop (AQW) Scholarship - 2015
- Manager of Sharif Desalination, Wastewater, Mineral and Energy Recovery Technology Services Office - 2020~present
- Editorial Board Member of Biophysical Economics and Sustainability, Springer Nature - 2020~present
- Reviewer of Desalination Journal, Elsevier - 2016~present
- Member of International Desalination Association (IDA) - 2012~present
- Member of Engineers Australia - 2011~present
A useful book describes the development of advanced MED technologies for utilising industrial waste heat streams to produce freshwater. (More details...)
A novel desalination process for recovering industrial waste heat sources to produce freshwater. (More details...)
A feasibility study of waste heat recovery for producing freshwater in petrochemical industries. (More details...)
Designing of a novel process for Worsley Alumina Refinery Plant in Australia. (More details...)
Introducing a novel distillation process for removing heat from waste heat streams to produce freshwater. (More details...)
A feasibility study of the subsurface and surface components of low-grade geothermal desalination processes. (More details...)
A feasibility study of solar-powered reverse osmosis (PV-RO) processes. (More details...)
Course Title: Desalination (CH-26931)An undergraduate course at the Chemical & Petroleum Engineering Department of Sharif University of Technology since 2016, for students who love to learn about desalination processes.
A professional and friendly group of graduate and undergraduate students who work on my desalination projects.If you like to join us, just drop me an Email.
Our office focuses on desalination and related areas of wastewater recoveries.More Information
10th International Alumina Quality (AQW) Conference, Perth, Australia, 19th-23rd April, 2015
"A novel low grade heat driven process to re-concentrate process liquor in alumina refineries."
IDA World Congress 2015 on Desalination and Water Reuse, August 30-September 4, 2015, San Diego, USA
"A Novel Desalination Design to Better Utilise Low Grade Sensible Waste Heat Resources."