به نام خداوند جان و خرد
سخنی از قرآن کریم
· Materials selection is a difficult task due to enormous number of choices available
· Ashby method is well established but the overlapping areas of selection and being less user friendly are the main draw backs
· Faraj’s digital logic method (DL) or so called WPM powered with the linear scaling of the material properties also eliminates some of the choices from the ranking procedure
· Modifying the DL method
· Defining new scaling functions
· Introducing Fuzzy Logic method to the area of material selection
· Combining Ashby method with MDL method
· The MDL method which is empowered with nonlinear scaling of the properties was developed
· In this method instead of evaluating the superiority of a property of a material to the others with 0 and 1, it is done by 1, 2, and 3 which 2 applies when the properties are relatively the same
· It has also been found that SIGMOID function serves better for scaling of the material properties
· Fuzzy method has also been introduced to the area of material selection and the appropriate code is developed
1) Fayyazbakhsh, K., Abedian, A., Dehghan-Manshadi, B., Sarfaraz-Kahbaz, R., "Introducing a novel method for materials selection in mechanical design using Z-transformation in statistics for normalization of material properties", Mater Design (2009), doi:10.1016/j.matdes.2009.04.004.
2) Sarfaraz-Kahbaz, R., Dehghan-Manshadi, B., Abedian, A., Mahmudi, R., "A simplified fuzzy logic approach for materials selection in mechanical engineering design", Materials and Design 30 (2009) 687–697.
3) Dehghan-Manshadi, B., Mahmudi, H., Abedian, A., Mahmudi, R., "A novel method for materials selection in mechanical design: combination of non-linear normalization and a modified digital logic method", Materials & Design, Vol. 28, pp. 8-15, 2007.
4) Sarfaraz, S., Dehghan-Manshadi, B., Abedian, A., Mahmudi, R., "Materials selection for spar of a human powered aircraft (HPA) using a simplified Fuzzy logic approach", Proceeding of the 7th International Conference of the Iranian Aerospace Society, Tehran, Iran, 2008.